We are solely providing information and do not have direct contact with any organization listed. If you would like to submit an event, please use the contact page link.
- Free Virtual Teen Forum: Supporting BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) Teens in STEAM Wednesday, February 3, 2021 | 4:00pm-5:00pm (ET) Register here!
- Free summer STEM opportunity for current 8th or 9th grade girl-identifying students: Each year, the Intrepid Museum welcomes a cohort of 50 New York City girls in 8th and 9th grade to participate in our renowned 6-week GOALS for Girls Summer Intensive. Applications open soon – join us for an information session Saturday, January 30, 2021 | 11:00am-Noon (ET) Register here!
- Free Virtual Intrepid Adventure Programs, T,Th 3:00PM-4:00PM: Join an Intrepid Museum educator each week as we explore history, science and ingenuity online together. Virtual Intrepid Adventure Programs are family-friendly and engage all ages. We request that adults participate in the program with their children. Programs run between 45 minutes and one hour. Advance registration for this drop-in online program is required to receive Zoom information and print-at-home materials when applicable. Click here!
- Fun and Games (All Ages) Sunday, February 7, 11:00am-Noon. Life on the aircraft carrier Intrepid was hard work, but sailors still found ways to have fun! Virtually tour historical spaces and hear stories from the crew about entertainment and recreation on board Intrepid. Register here!
- Virtual Not-So-Early Morning Openings for children with autism and their families (ages 3-18). Sea, Air and Space Food: Saturday, January 23, 10:00am-11:00am. Food is an important part of any travel experience. Learn about food on Intrepid, British Airways Concorde and NASA space shuttles, and determine for yourself which is the tastiest! Register here!
- Free Programs for Military Families: Virtual Military Family Program: Citizen Scientist Saturday, January 23, 1:00pm-2:00pm. Scientists need your help! In order to gather data for large scale projects, scientists need the help of people around the world. Explore projects related to sea, air and space that scientists are asking everyday citizens to contribute to. Register here!
- FREE DROP IN STUDENT/SCHOOL-FOCUSED PROGRAMS, W, Th, F 1:00PM-2:00PM Information and registration here!
- FREE TEACHER VIRTUAL “OPEN HOUSE”: Join educators from the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum to learn about the museum’s virtual programs for K-12 students! In this virtual session, museum educators will be on hand to answer any questions about booking, how programs are run virtually, and do a short demo of a hands-on activity. Attendees will also have the opportunity to sign up for a FREE virtual program for their students! Tuesday January 26th, 2021, 6:00pm or Thursday, January 28th, 2021, 6:00pm Register now at https://forms.gle/gByFmQ5DNoGFnD1Z9 For more information: email@example.com
- FREE K-12 VIRTUAL “Field Trips”: Thanks to the Department of Cultural Affairs and other funding streams we are able to offer free virtual field trips for Title I schools as long as funding lasts. Find descriptions here and reservation information here!
- Intrepid is also offering a new High School Program supported by the NYC DOE as part of their LGBTQ+ initiative- more information here!
- FREE PROGRAMS FOR OLDER ADULTS WITH DEMENTIA AND THEIR CARE-GIVERS: Information and registration here!
- FREE VETERANS PROGRAMS: Information and registration here!